I'm embarrassed to ask...how to put that snazzy list of instruments under our name?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gordonfurr1, Feb 5, 2015.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Re: I'm embarrassed to ask...how to put that snazzy list of instruments under our nam

Top RH corner of home page ..... Click on Settings ....... Bottom LH corner of Setting Page click on Edit Signature - don't forget to save when you're done (bottom RH corner).

2. Pinstriper

Pinstriper Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    Re: I'm embarrassed to ask...how to put that snazzy list of instruments under our nam

When you actually have a collection as nice as yours, it ain't bragging.

3. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.

Indeed only the last 20 appear. The others are probably lost forever!
    Let's test: My friend Bumblebee, note what is the last on your list now. Tomorrow at the same time I will send you a new reputation comment (because you're worth it!). Then check again the list ... :think:

4. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii

Perhaps.............I think it's nice to see or ask opinions of what hardware other folks use or find collectable. Maybe 35 years ago I'd have been impressed by someone's big collection of instruments, cars, motorcycles, whatever. But at 50 I find it more of an interesting topic of conversation among people with a common passion.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  5. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie

Yes, it might spark some conversation about a particular instrument, but to my recollection, that never happened to me. But...I have received a few not-so-nice private messages about how I was rich and had constantly shoved my collection in the faces of the less fortunate via the signature list and posting pictures. Definitely some conversation there. :-( I'm not rich (most every horn I have was obtained on the cheap), but probably have posted too many unsolicited pictures in the past. Anyway, I'm flying under the radar a bit more these days.

Dupac likes this.
  6. 4INer

4INer Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2013

The first step is to collect a snazzy collection of instruments.............ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003

I am a curmudgeon. Personally, I don't care what people play or own and what I play is of no relevance to anyone here.
    The horns I have I actually use frequently.
    Bah. Humbug.
    Rich T.

8. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina

Ah...there are some that have a mean streak, but I do enjoy seeing what folks use. I; however, have no need to worry about somebody reacting badly to my list (now posted, thank you)....it puts the pie in humble! Plus it changes weekly.

9. Pinstriper

Pinstriper Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia

Wow. Just...wow. That's a pretty heinous thing for someone to send you.

I've always viewed your projects as rescues, and acts of love for these forgotten and neglected works of art. The only thing you are shoving in anyone's faces is their own lack of willingness to put a little elbow grease into horns that the ignorant and lazy would view as junk or wall hangers.

Please don't stop sharing.

10. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii

Oh I don't know Dale, if wealth were measured by friends and respectful admirers you are indeed a rich man (at least among our TM community).:cool:

It's a shame you received that response though. I always love seeing the pictures that you post, especially the ones with the beautiful bell engraving.:thumbsup:

Makes me think though; I must have some really cr#ppy, commonplace horns to have not inspired some hate mail from any of you jealous b#st#rds! ROFL

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015