I'm finally back online

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Patric_Bernard, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    I'm finally back online. I got my internet back and a new computer :D. But I've had a problem for awhile. I have had a hearing problem for the past couple months. My right ear works fine, but my left Ear sounds alot quieter, and very muffled. I can hear all the vibrations in my head while i play. I hear the vibrations from my mouth, and then hear the vibrations from the horn. So when I play, Its about a quarter tone off, plus I can't discern which tone is the one coming from my horn or my mouth. I have tried ear drops, plugging my nose and mouth and breathing out trying to kind of "pop" my ears very lightley, like when your coming down from a high elevation. I have a doctors appointment on the 7th of july (took such a long time to get an appointment... but thats a whole nother story)

My question... what is the way I should come back into practicing? I think I was due for a well needed break, and this will give me a chance to come into practicing with a different approach. I'm kind of bummed that I'm going to have to work to get my tone back, but all good things take time. SO please let me know how your guys think I should get back into playing?

2. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Welcome Back!

3. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    better get your Dillons contest entry in. As I remmeber you gave the NYTC contest a good showing

4. Fluffy615

Fluffy615 Piano User

Nov 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    Welcome back Patric. Good luck.
    Bob

5. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    lol i entered it today. The second I saw that I went for it... now I hope and pray... instead of depriving myself of sleep lol