I'M STILL FURIOUS!!!!!! 911

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Solar Bell, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I am watching the National Geographic special "Inside 911"...and I'm still furiuos!!!!!!

This should be shown everyday!!!! (I'm ranting, I know)
    There is so much apathy in this country. We want to forget it ever happened. We worry so much about security inconveniancing us, we won't even show 911 on TV because it will hurt people's feelings!
    When is the last time you saw the planes hit the Trade Center????
    Bet it's been a couple years! WHY????

SHOW IT!!!!!
    MAKE PEOPLE REMEMBER WHAT THOSE BASTARDS DID!!!!!!!!!
    IT'S LIKE WE DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!
    We still remember the Alamo and Pearl Harbor, why not 911????

The war is not about oil, it's about these terrorists!!!!!

We seem to have forgotton the terror we all felt! We get upset over the bombing in Britain yet we don't even TALK about the 3,000+ people killed in New York!!!!!
    I'm watching people JUMP 1200 feet to their deaths!!!!!!
    THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, for the ranting, but I'M STILL FURIOUS!!!!!

-cw-

2. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

RIGHT ON CHUCK!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

3. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Amen Chuck

4. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    HELL YES, that is what i like to hear, not all of this lets demonstrate in Crawford Texas BS, someone ought to scream this at that lady that is leading the "camp casey" thing, Hey insert name Your son that died in Iraq, he would be ashamed of what you are doing here, he died bravely fighting for his country, freedom isn't free. from 1776 to 2005 that fact remains true. The red on the flag for me represents the blood shed to keep that flag flying, including friends AND family that have lost their life in battle, no matter how much liberal BS is thrown at Americans about how the war is a lie, nothing will change that.

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    NEVER AGAIN 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NEVER AGAIN
    NEVER AGAIN

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ML

6. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Not to just sound completely outta place, but the History Channel showed the footage about 20 minutes ago...

7. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I think about it every day and will be doing a ceremony on 9/11 every year for the rest of my military career.

8. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Not to be the voice of dissent or anything, but if I had lost a close family member in the WTC attacks, I wouldn't want to see it on TV every day.

I don't need to see it to remember.

9. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I was close enough in proximity to the Pentagon when it got hit that I felt the ground shake. I will never forget the fear I felt that day, being IN Washington DC, miles away from my family, not knowing if I was going to be too close to the next one, that fortunately never came.

I was in the office that day, (the South Building of USDA) watching footage of the towers online, feeling the ground shake and thinking, what the heck was that!? When we were told that the Pentagon got hit, I didn't ask to leave, I didn't say a word - I just grabbed my stuff and walked out the door.

I don't think I have ever felt fear quite like that in my life - the terrorists succeeded that day with me.

I guess I can't be too surprised that so many have gone on with their lives and don't think about it much. In talking to my sister, who lives in central Nebraska, being so many miles away, only seeing the footage on TV, in some ways it's like watching a movie. She didn't feel the ground shake, didn't experience the panic of an entire city, and never saw the gaping hole and scorched concrete of the Pentagon, driving past on 395.

I say to show the footage. It happened and irreversibly changed our lives, and we shouldn't try to pretend that it didn't. If we don't show the footage, it makes it far too easy for people like my sister, who may have been over a thousand miles from those terrible scenes, to forget about them.

10. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Clarino,

Think of it this way instead:

If you'd lost a loved one in that inferno, would you want to feel as though everyone had forgotten and lost the resolve to defend that loved one's memory? I mean, yeah, a little piece of me would die everytime I saw that footage but I would not want the others who were observers to forget. So, while I myself might avoid seeing that, if possible, I would feel abandoned if I felt my nation kowtowing to a notion that it's best not to inflame others sensibilities for the sake of not "offending".

You see, there's another thing at play here that has riled many people like the other posters: the choices the mass media make about what gets play and what doesn't.

After 9/11 the images that got the most play weren't about the stuff that happened to us. Rather, it was about what we were supposedly doing to others that was pronounced as nazi-like and torurous. It was meant to suck the momentum out of the well-deserved retribution for what was done to us. People have become convinced that having Neville Chamberlain in power is preferable to Winston Churchill, that Jimmy Carter is preferable to Ronald Reagan, that Chirac is preferable to DeGaulle.

Anyway, I wanted to offer that perspective to you for your consideration.

ML