Immediate help with my Trumpet please!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Blazing Asian, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Billy B

Billy B Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2004
    Des Moines, IA
  2. John P

John P Piano User

Jun 16, 2006
    Camp Hill, PA
    The silver peeling off may also have something to do with the acidity level of your skin. A friend of mine has had the same problem with every silver horn he's played. I've been playing my Bb (Silver King Legend) for five years now and have never had any problems with the plating, but after my friend held it in his hands for just a few minutes, the silver felt gritty. Some people's skin just doesn't agree with silver. This may or may not be the case for you, but I'd look into it. Have you played on any silver instruments before?

3. Blazing Asian

Blazing Asian Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2006
    I have not ever played a silver instrument before....and its not really around the are that I touch, such as the main hand area, but along some areas that I polish a lot...though I don't think that can be the problem with my cloth because, it is made specially for silver instruments...its a York cloth just in case.

4. Walter

Walter Piano User

Sep 11, 2006
    I had a Bach Strad 37 start to show staining around the bell wire after only a few months...I was busy and could not be bothered to take it to the shop (50 miles away).....it continued to get worse so after 18 months I finally took it back....they had obviously seen the problem before and sent it straight back to Bach. There was absolutely no quibble and no charge to replate the horn...the problem was solved and the horn must have been adjusted because it played significantly better than before. I eventually sold it to a friend and the plating is still as good as new.

If the shop has closed you should make direct contact with Bach.....I would be amazed if they didn't help. One warning though.....my shop loaned me a horn to play while it was away.....these things can take quite alot of time!

Regards

Walter

5. Blazing Asian

Blazing Asian Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2006
    That is one nice shop...did they charge you to rent that horn...just asking, since I have a second horn.

6. Walter

Walter Piano User

Sep 11, 2006
    A great shop...there was no charge. They stand by the products they sell and of course people will always be loyal to that kind of service. At the time I did not have a back up horn so it was essential....The horn had to go from the UK back to the US so it took about two months....

It's good you have another horn.....hope everything works out.

Walter