In Ear Monitors

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SchilkeB1, Mar 22, 2010.

1. SchilkeB1

SchilkeB1 New Friend

May 6, 2007
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I am researching in ear monitors (IEMs) for use with an Aviom system. My current equipment is toast and I need to upgrade. Lots of on-line opinions from guitarist, bass and drum musicians but none so far from brass players let alone trumpet players. I play regularly with a 10 piece band (1-2 keys, bass, electric and acoustic guitars, drums, percussion one other trumpet and sax) and up to 10 vocalist. This is my church worship team. Music is contemporary and ranges from rock and jazz to some gospel and quite a bit of miscellaneous. Dynamic range is from soft/contemplative to quite loud (house volume 100db, stage volume sometimes exceeding that). Any recommendations from trumpeters who use IEMs for some good isolation on stage and good sound reproduction? Best reports so far are: Westone Elite ES3X, Ultimate Ears UE10's and Fidelity Triples.

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Ultimate Ears UE10's are awesome, I don't think you can go wrong with them if you got the cash.

3. Hoghorn

Hoghorn Pianissimo User

Dec 30, 2008
    Manitowoc Wi.
  4. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Ditto.

The earpiece is the most important part of the system to me. The difference between the 2 model and the 5 are night and day. I bought them back when they were E-5 instead of SCL-5 and mine are still trucking. They are almost 10 years old, so the cost is reasonable for a sturdy component. they were right at 400 for the earphones when I bought them. I don't know what they are now.

5. Hoghorn

Hoghorn Pianissimo User

Dec 30, 2008
    Manitowoc Wi.
    Your right Ed, the ear piece is everything !! I had the E-5's for years and upgraded to the SCL-5's. much more comfortable and just a little better crossover for seperation. You do have watch, they will put you on your knees if your not careful, very powerful !!!!
    The price is just about the same too !!

Jack