Inconsistent Range Problem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Stradivarius, Sep 5, 2005.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I know -- there was a thread awhile back - on what should be done with old threads.
    I was just looking at the poster only having 26? or so posts, and was wondering if, maybe he was not a cyberchondriac, but merely was looking for answers and then posted -- without looking at the dates --- that's all.
    AND - those of us who answered still had pertinent and relevent information -- that maybe the poster found to be useful.

I was just thinking -- that most of us who responded to this poster -are all Veteran trumpet players - that are in our 40's and 50's+ --- although the trumpet problems are the same at any age -- we often loose site of a poster ----- maybe being a teenager,or younger who really has a serious question ----and lots less experience and maturity:dontknow:.

and that was my whole point -- We shouldn't JUMP on someone just because they opened up an old post ---:dontknow:

but that is merely my point.
    so play and be happy,
    play and share that with others:thumbsup:

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Humans have the capability of sorting things in their heads into words and offering them to others. When the words are selected based on suitability and with the receiving party in mind, there is a possibility for communication. Generally, it takes a post or two (lesson or two) for feedback to show if communication was achieved - or if the original content was little more than a verbal FART. This applies to both the person making the original statement as well as they who answer.

In this case, we had an unqualified "Me too" and the rest of the discussion had nothing to do the "Me Too". As TrumpetAddict has provided no further information, we have nothing to go on. We could assume Cyberchondria, Blogitis, MeToo Syndrome, or perhaps a true interest and no time to get back. How do we help anybody? Most humans learn quickest through pain:
    quit smoking after a heart attack
    slow down after an accident
    practice more after a train wreck
    babies learn what "hot" is the hard way too!

TM is not club robinson........

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    You would think you would see this more often. It's a very common occurance.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I know -- and darn -- I stuck up for trumpetaddict --- and he hasn't returned ---:shock::dontknow:
    that dude let me down:-(
    such is life --
    that is why horses don't bet on people!!!!!!!!!
    play and be happy:thumbsup:

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    IMO all of us have inconsistencies on some days in some ways. I personally have never gone out of my way to play the highest note or the lowest note ... I just let them flow when they are written in the music and they seem to be there ... most of the time. Methinks some worry too much. I now don't aspire to be a great player ... only to enjoy playing.