Increasing My Range

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetGuy101, Dec 29, 2011.

1. garmeth

garmeth New Friend

Dec 4, 2010
    lol oh

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Success is built on years of qualified practice. Either your time frame is to short, or your teacher (like every other one on the planet) does not have any short cuts. Unlike video games, trumpet players have to earn what they get.

As every player that I have worked with is different, you probably also need individual attention.

I disagree with some. I personally had a couple of double Cs in October. They are there for those who are in the right place at the right time with the right teacher, attitude and playing opportunities. For those looking for a recipe, keep dreaming.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I had some Double High C's last year and into the summer -- but then I had a hiccup with some sunburn lips --- the amount of time and effort (practice) to stay at that level may be something that I had not thought about. So the part of Wanting high notes, and then there is the part of working toward that goal (and for me 1,000's of hours of practice over nearly 3 yrs) ----AND after this comes the STAYING at that level -- which may be another part of the equation that I hadn't fully comprehended --- a nice fat sounding high register actually takes quite a bit of effort to just STAY there --- maybe something to consider for people..