Inner diameter size of mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Daddy-O, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Manny,

I have "fleshy" lips and I have not too long ago had surgery to my jaw (bilateral menisectomy). This left me with a small underbite. I now feel that even though I am "starting over" with a new set-up my embochure is stronger than before the surgery.

Phyllis Stork suggested that I get a mouthpiece with an inside diameter large enough to fit most of my entire upper lip into. I ended up purchasing a Monette STC1 B1-5. I love the mouthpiece and it is one of the larger mouthpieces in terms of inside diameter. However it still does not cover all of my upper lip. What is your opinion. Any inpur will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks as ever, Victor Kaczmar RN, BSN

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Again, Dean Comley is the best person to ask about mouthpieces. I only play my mouthpieces and wouldn't neccesarily know what kind of options are available to you.

ML

3. Dan Millheim

Dan Millheim Pianissimo User

Sep 4, 2004
    Fort Worth ,TX
    Daddy-O

If your interested in a B1-1 prana for a fair price PM me. I love this mouthpiece and have several and am going to be getting a new "Slap" version. The one I have to sell is in excellent shape with no dents or flaws other then insertion marks. Let me know?

Finish Well,
    Dan