Intonation, a reality check.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    agreed, i'm not sure what to make of the valves... but perhaps the ambient temperature in norway effects the condensation? (only half joking)

2. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    Congratulations on the Connie! I have found that while playing with a Korg tuner, mine stays in tune throughout my range which was a surprise to me. I love this horn and as I have said in other posts, it would be the last horn I parted with. Let us know what you think of yours! Where did you find yours?

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    jbkirby,

Thanks! Some of your posts were part of my decision making process ... I found it right here in the TM Classifieds. Beautiful looking 1970 horn, I got up at 5 am and saw it first. Numerous posts followed (people wanting it for the very good price), but as the saying goes, "The early turtle gets the horn."

Can't wait! I'll be sure to give you all my opinion ... due Thur or Fri.

Turtle

4. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    since when were turtles early for anything? i thought it was slow and steady.... not early

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Actually, from my experience with turtles, they are not all that slow. They lull you into thinking they are and anyway, they've got a different take on the world, a different attidtude that says, "what's the rush?" When they bite you, it happens so fast (after they've lulled you into their slowness) you don't even see it. I got bit in the face once, on the upper lip (I kid you not) by a turtle from Central America named Frida. I was holding her up and trying to see some detail of her shell and wham!!! She's clamped onto my upper lip and WOULD NOT LET GO. I'm not making this up (be careful!!!) ... I had to wait until she was ready to let go (we were just getting to know each other). I remember distinctly thinking that, if I yanked her off, my lip was going to be a mess. And I wasn't a trumpet player back then.:shock:

Seriously, don't put your face too close to a turtle, unless you know her really well.:-)

Turtle

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Dale! How did you get that video of me????:-?

Uh oh, busted. I had you all fooled that I was an adult.:lol:

Turtle

btw, Zombies Rule!

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Not for one moment young hatchling .... ROFL

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    You can't fool em down under ....:lol:

Turtle

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    ... naturally we see you from below - no secrets.