Introducing myself....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vtired, Jan 6, 2006.

1. vtired

vtired New Friend

Jan 6, 2006
    England
    Just thought I'd introduce myself. This seems like a friendly place, so I thought I'd finally join in!

My name's Bill, and I'm a father of four (hence the user ID!) and lapsed trumpet player from England. I've recently started playing again, on my old £70 Lafleur with a missing 2nd valve cap (I know, I can feel your envy :oops: ).

Don't know if I'll be able to contibute much given my lack of experience and woeful playing, but we'll see.

Bill.

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Welcome! :D We have a few other posters on here that are from your side of the pond.

3. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    welcome aboard - this site is pretty friendly but I must warn you in advance - - it will cost you money. you will start hearing about other horns, mouthpieces and such and before you know it you will be bitten by the equipment bug and that will be your downfall [lol]. Dave

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Not to mention the loss of productivity.

TrumpetMaster = crack for internet-addicted trumpet junkies (like me :cool:)

5. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Well regardless of what you think you can and can't contribute you are wecome and as a father of 3 I can say yup, your Vtired in deed!

Cheers Mate!

6. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    You mean to tell me people may find themselves getting more wonderful horns than they can possibly play?':roll:'

7. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Welcome to TM!!

Hmm...as a welcome, I have made you some brownies.

*Hands vtired a pan of brownies*

TM's a pretty friendly place! You'll learn loads of stuff from the great players around here, and make some pretty awesome friends too!

Sit back and relax!

Lara

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Now you've done it Lara.

Hey everyone, please post a mailing address. Lara is going to send us all brownies. ;-)

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey Lara, don't forget to send me some brownies!

Welcome Vtired. Here's some coffee to help you out.....C(__) You will find you are in good company with all of the Chaps hanging out here. The rest of us aren't so bad either. :-)

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    To cross-mix from another thread.... I'm sure glad those are CHAPS that are HANGING OUT!