Is leaving you trumpet on a stand all the time bad for the finish

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Perhaps the weight of the magnet(s) wll keep the the amp in place, but the speaker cones must vibrate, thus the trumpet could "walk". My horns may be less expensive but you'll not find me placing them likewise.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Wow!! This has been a big year for me so far! Crowned TM's "Likemiester" (by the dearly banned cody226), achieving "Utimate' user" status, and now I am THE GoogleMaster! Hope all of this doesn't affect my ego. I still want to be able to relate to all the little people around here!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    He goes by many names ....... we just call him R2TL8. :dontknow:

If he gets out of hand, we'll unplug him.

And, don't worry about the Recording any more ... It lost its place on the amp. I've got a Jazz Bass now and its amp goes on top of the big amp, like a Marshall Stack. The trumpet found the safest place so far in the shed, on a stand, in a nook created by furniture. No chance of getting knocked over back there. :thumbsup:

Turtle

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Have you posted updated photo's of "The Shed"? How 'bout the Recording? I have never even held one let alone play one. The hype is peaking my curiosity!

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I'm still open to a trade for your LB Committee. :)D) You really should treat yourself .... send me the old battleaxe and you can have a go with the beautiful, pristine, time capsule Recording. You'll love it, trust me. Don't you have a few of those things (Committees)? That's like a committee of committees. Aren't you crowded over there???

But, back on topic ..... Very old trumpets, I've noticed, sometimes have bad looking bell insides, where obviously, they've spent too much time on stands, and probably not nice modern rubbery surfaced stands. So, YES, it's bad for the finish, over time.

Turtle

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Nah! I have a 2 car garage with an attic, kids moving out (sorta :D), shed and lotsa closet space! I would need 3 Recording for 1 LB MC! ;-)

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    :noway:

I've only got one of them. I'm not sure I really would let it go .... now that it doesn't have a :)evil:) Harmon mute stuck in it any more.

Turtle

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Here's a link to a more "refined" solution to using a sock or cloth. They are actually a sponsor of the forum.

Don't Scratch Your Brass!

9. mickvanflugel

mickvanflugel Forte User

Jul 1, 2011
    Germany
    Don't Scratch Your Brass!
    I always detest paying a hundred times for something that has maybe 0.10$ worth of material.

Well, some nice and used lady´s stockings might do as well maybe...
    You´d better ask first of course, and black is definitely the color to go for.
    Again, talk first, cut up later. Serious advice here.:lol:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012