Is NYTC closed for holidays?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by joefab, Dec 15, 2008.

1. joefab

joefab Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2008
    Hi,

I have been trying to get in touch with Felix or Mac at NYTC with regards to some horns I am interested in. However, when I call...the phone goes to voicemail. I have tried to email...but no response.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with them?

Thanks in advance.

2. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    I haven't had any luck contacting either.
    Hope all is well and fine with my man Felix.

3. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I am going to visit the shop tomorrow afternoon. When I spoke to Mac earlier today he assured me that the shop is open.
    Wilmer

4. joefab

joefab Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2008
    Hi Wiseone2,

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying to call the number on the website, but no one answers. Would you have another number I could call?

Thanks again!

....I don't know if you may remember....I was the one taking a lesson with Mac(in September)one afternoon while you were there playing on some horns...

5. brunets

brunets Pianissimo User

May 28, 2007
    Gatineau,QC
    Hi,

I too have difficulties to get in touch with Felix... For one months now...

St├ęphane

6. yoschi26

yoschi26 New Friend

Jan 31, 2009
    Hi,

Has anyone news about the NYTC?

I bought a trumpet on 02.01.2009 and write now 3 weeks e-mails and get no answers.

thx

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

I think Felix was out of the country for a while and just got back. I believe he is just overwhelmed getting caught up. I'm sure he'll bring us all up to speed as he sorts all of his email and stuff.

Nick

8. yoschi26

yoschi26 New Friend

Jan 31, 2009
    So he's the onlyone who answer on the e-mails?
    Do you know him good as a partner or friend?
    Sorry when i ask you that but i'm a litlle confused because i payed 3700 $ and got nothing.

thx

9. ed haley

ed haley New Friend

Mar 1, 2008
    Chicago
    A few months ago I ordered a horn and paid for it but got no horn, no answer and finally I got fed up (after about 6 weeks) and asked for my money back. I got it but have never received any communication from Felix.I understand he produces good horns but sure doesn't know how to run a business.When I posted about this at the time I got the same sorts of justifications as have been posted today.

10. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    I spoke to Felix last night, he was on a trip and has just returned. He told me he only had about 400 emails to respond to!

I sometimes help Felix with some emails so I'd be happy to answer questions if I can. I think we all should realize 6-8weeks is not long to wait on a trumpet being built.

Tony