Is Stress Related to a Sudden Decrease in Tone Quality?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RHSbigbluemarchingband, Jun 10, 2009.

1. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    I don't know about that. Unless its possible to double major in mechanical engineering and trumpet performance. I don't know if I could handle the stress, I might have too many of these moments.

Oh and I think this thread really opened my eyes. I played out like crazy, cause thats what we trumpets do at eighth graders get scared of marching band night, and my tone was back! I kept all the advice in mind, and my tone came back. But tomorrow is our last normal band rehearsal of the year :( So I got lessons coming for the summer, im very excited, but I am adding this thread to my favorites so I can refer to it next year when this happens all over again. Thanks for all the help!

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    RHSbigbluemarchingband - you've have all the reasons in the world to be down at the moment, but we can't spend our lives pining for the past. We can, though, use that past experience as a springboard to celebrate our past and those that were, and are, important to us. Let your horn tell your story, let "What a Wonderful World" be your message if you like - let it reflect your experiences. Remember that your family are suffering too, and celebrating your Granfathers', and Uncle's, lives through your music is similar to what many try to do in praising our God. I take my hat off to you - play well, be well, and as soon as you can, be happy again.

3. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    I told you, girl,.. last month.... Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon....evrything you need to know at your age is in there.