Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned about?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Aug 24, 2012.

1. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Re: Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned abou

A common theme is heard: great leads don't really have useful advice to those
    who aren't. It's not that they aren't willing to help, but that they just haven't had much difficulty screaming, so they don't have experience to share.

"Blow really hard" isn't helpful.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Re: Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned abou

Don't they make puppies in Yorkshire?

3. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.

The best way to prevent a guy who wears a long beard to fall asleep is to ask him before he goes to bed: "Hey, do you put your beard on the sheet or under the sheet ?". Don't think too much before playing…

coolerdave likes this.
  4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro

That can be a drawack of playing long tones .... lots of time to think... always listening but that thinking...oh boy

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

why don't you try to multi-task when doing long tones ----- like write on TM, and play long tones at the same time???? ----

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Haha .... I love doing long tones because it's like a meditation. I don't think. I just play and listen and relax (I usually have the radio going, or a CD, so there's also music to listen to). I seek out the keys of the songs and do long tones in those keys, while I'm listening. If my mind starts to wander, I yell at it ... "Shut up!" :lol:

Turtle

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

does YOUR mind listen to YOU??? -- that is the question!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Sometimes. When it feels like it .... :lol:

Turtle

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

and sometimes, is better than -- at no time!! ROFL ROFL ROFL