Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned about?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Aug 24, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Re: Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned abou

The mind is a terrible thing to waste; just as the waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    kingtrumpet likes this.
  2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Re: Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned abou

Nicely put.

Talking to yourself just means that you have more minds minding the store. You know, two minds are better than one. :D

Turtle

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

I have half a mind to let this statement just go right on by.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia

What was the question?

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro

let me confer with myself and I will get right back to you on that

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

was that the left hemispere or the right??? -- which half is the one thinking at this moment???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

that leads me to a serious question -- if the left half?? OK one half of the brain is the musical part, how does that know to coordinate with the muscle memory part of the brain?? just saying, in TJ's case if he is doing long tones, can he (literally) still think with the other half?? I mean is that really possible???

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

my neighbor just lost 178 lbs. She can lose weight very fast --- although she did mention that in a sentence and about how she kicked her husband out, or he left or something like that -- and that was a big contribution to losing the weight.!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

and that reminds me --- tension in the job, the relationship, overbooked, too many bills, kids are sick, etc, etc --- that affects how play the trumpet, and also how relaxed we are when we play the trumpet ---- FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

The right brain is the artistic side. Muscle memory is a habitual learning response triggered by reflex archs.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

so if you find the correct angle of your airstream to produce high notes -- then you just train your mind/body to remember that ---- and it becomes automatic from the autonomous nervous system??? I mean if it is a reflex, then one would not have to think about playing high notes --- once they learned how to play them -- would they????

and that solves all the mystery of high notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!