Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned about?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Aug 24, 2012.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Re: Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned abou

I think the whole deal is when you aren't getting lessons and also are basically just practicing and rarely playing in a group setting bad habits can creep up on you. So it becomes a dilema ... don't think just play or be vigilant to those bad habits... it's sort of a catch 22 ... So, once in a while, a thought may be nagging me and I look to the crew here for some "best practices".
    The crew has yet to let me down. I might get razzed but always good stuff.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Re: Is the angle of the air stream into the mouthpiece something to be concerned abou

Your statement was about muscle memory... the action in your fingers is usually implied by this... my statement was not in anyway connected to playing highnotes, that is unless you stick your finger up your... never mind!

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

and to think -- I thought every NOTE was connecting in some way to the muscle memory of your lips, and body, and air ----as every note is a different set of parameters ---- tell me that ain't so!!! (oh you probably will, but that doesn't mean I have to believe you)