Is there any CD or DVD of this ??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 12erlgro, Feb 3, 2011.

1. 12erlgro

12erlgro Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2010
    Norway

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. 12erlgro

12erlgro Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2010
    Norway

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  3. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Yes.

The particular DVD for the video above is "Dizzy Gillespie, Night in Havana"

There is also a VERY good DVD of Dizzy Gillespie and the United Nation Orchestra (with Arturo in it). Look under "Dizzy Gillespie and the United Nation Orchestra, Royal Festival Hall, London" There is a cd and a DVD for that one.

I personally like the Royal Festival Hall one better...better and more music. Plus the United Nation Orchestra is (IMO) one of the best....jazz bands (if you could really call it that) that has ever existed.

If you find/get them, enjoy!!
    Kujo

4. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Oh, there's also another good DVD of Dizzy...It doesn't have Sandoval in it, but it does have Jon Faddis

It's called "Dizzy's Dream Band"

Kujo

5. Scatmanblues

Scatmanblues Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2010
    West Texas
    Also a CD of the two with another version of Night in Tunisia called "Swing Low"

Look too for an album with them called "To a Finland Station"

Scatmanblues

6. harveyhassanator

harveyhassanator Pianissimo User

Sep 5, 2010
    Britain
  7. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    harveyhassanator,

The link you just put up is from the DVD/CD that I mentioned earlier (Live at the Royal Festival Hall, London)! Thanks for putting up that post, it'll give the OP a taste of that DVD and what I think is the best concert that Dizzy (and many others involved) ever put on!

There are so many good reasons to watch/buy that DVD/CD....one being that there are about 20 AMAZING musicians apart of it. James Moody, Slide Hampton, Claudio Roditi, Arturo Sandoval, Paquito D'Rivera, Jon Lee, Steve Turre......Dizzy himself...etc...

Kujo