Is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a double case. But rather then two trumpets I'd like to find a trumpet/Cornet double. I'm sure that one does not exist but thought I'd give this a shot.

Anybody know of one? :dontknow:

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    About the only thing I could come up with was the Protec 301VAX. The problem I have is the extra tall valve block on the Eterna 800 cornet... doesn't fit the "regular" double case. Here's a pic. You might find one relatively inexpensive on the used market since guys tend to buy them for trumpet/flugel and the flugel is one, darn tight fit.

[​IMG]

3. PerunaPete

PerunaPete Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2005
    Dallas
    Getzen used to make a trumpet/cornet case back in the day. I know because I own one. It was given to me by a dear friend of mine with my first horn. I gave it back to him many years ago but when he died, I bought it back from his family because it had sentimental value. That might be something to look into since you have a Getzen. Not sure if they make them still but it's worth a shot.

4. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    The Wolfpak 2.5 would probably work, put the Bb in the back, and the cornet in place of the other trumpet and picc spot. The padding right there is moveable so it should fit.

5. fundenlight

fundenlight New Friend

Aug 2, 2005
    I don't wee why you would need a special case. I keep my cornet and my C in a standard Yamaha double case. There's another student at the school that has his Bb, C, and cornet in a Wolfpack triple case. I've never heard of any special cornet cases.

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks for all the replys.

I never thought about using a standard double case. Seeing how Ed's horns fit is leading me in that direction though.

Either way, I' tired of lugging around two cases and my music bag so this will work for me.

Thanks again guys,
    John