Is this a new Trumpetmaster service???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tobylou8, Jul 6, 2013.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    There is a new poster named TM ebay who just joined today and already has 125+ posts (even the G-man can't post that much in a day :lol:). Is this a new service at TM or is it a spammer? Links are to various horns and sellers so far as I can tell. I really don't see the point as there are thousands of horns on e-Bay and we all know about "the bay". Thought the e-Bay section was for members to post their horns for us to see and give us a heads up. If this is a new "service", then just ignore my lack of knowledge.

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I hope not

3. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Me neither. When you use the "what's new" feature and there is a buttload of postings...

What it probably is, is a guy (I bet I know who) who gets a fraction of a cent on ebay referral links. Every time you click the link, the miscreant gets paid.

Tom

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  4. dBeav

dBeav Pianissimo User

May 1, 2013
    Detroit Area
    When I saw a link to a Super Deluxe Tone Balanced turned into a lamp, I blocked him. It's easier than hunting someone down.

5. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I sent this message to the moderators. If anyone else has concerns, maybe they should do the same.

Mike

I agree with this thread, which raises concerns about the "TM Ebay" user.

I'm not sure if he is breaking any rules of the TM Classified section. But with 56 of the first 66 threads belonging to him, he's definitely pushed the limits.

http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f131/new-trumpetmaster-service-73120.html

Recursion likes this.
  6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    is there any way you can forward the guys address to me? I can probably be more persuasive than the moderators in order to get this guy to stop!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    You would need to trace back the Ebay partner campaign ID to the person who owns it.

Tom

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thank you, but I am far too lazy to do this --- but I thought perhaps I could help "you peeps" out if TMebay continues to overpost. ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    I also messages moderators, and reported a few of the posts as spam.

Why can't people just do what they are supposed to do and not ruin every/anything for others?

10. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013