Is this a new Trumpetmaster service???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tobylou8, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well, I'll say one thing. This schlonggobbler has certainly attracted a great deal of negative attention, and any attention is good attention...
    If we all make a concerted effort to ignore him/it, we will deprive it of power, since he/it continues to post with impunity.

2. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    most often these things are being done by the owner/operator of the forum to monetize the traffic their site receives... if so then i suspect that appealing to a moderator will not go far.

3. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    If this is the case, then yuck! :x

I would much rather "donate" to the site than lose interest. Anyone else willing to chip in?

4. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well, maybe there's brightness on the horizon...it hasn't posted since after 8 this morning.

5. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    Ya if its the moderators then I will bid you all and this forum farewell.
    They got smart people over at The "other" forum too.

6. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    The money made by ebay referrals is pretty low, I think. Since we're not clicking the links much, this person might give it up as not worth the effort.

Tom

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    maybe GM, VB, and I should just PM you -- when we have something interesting to say -- which of course would be everyday, all the time!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. Recursion

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    Actually, eBay's referral program is one the highest paying. Their terms are a bit vague, and subject to their evaluation of the quality of the traffic, but quantity and quality of the traffic are the gist. Coming from a trumpet forum and clicking through to trumpet related auctions, I'd wager my 400 that the quality is excellent. As for how many clicks, I don't know. The potential for generating a hundred or two bucks per month from this site is feasible.

I think I should join the eBay Program, so I can add my own referral link when I list my items! :-)

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That actually is a good point which is the dilemma. What if we ALL did that? The forum would be nothing but trumpet adds eventually. If it is an owner/operator thing, just say so and relegate those posts to the e-Bay section only and not have them come up in whats new posts. I check that section regularly when I get an "itch". Also, good luck on sneaking in and grabbing that horn you wanted for $15 + S&H!!!

10. Recursion

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    I'm not sure if you misunderstood me. I meant I'd link (with my referral code) to my own eBay auctions, not others.

I'm not sure if this software would let those posts be selectively excluded from "new" posts, but that would fix the annoying part! :D