Is this legit?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ltg_trumpet, Dec 19, 2010.

1. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
  2. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    From the description, it appears to be a vibrating device with a hard protruding shiny metal tip which is placed on the lips.
    I think I'd have to pass on this. It might work very well but I prefer to use my money for other things like buying the Steely Dan sheet music.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  3. supposeda3

supposeda3 Piano User

Jan 3, 2009
    Central PA
    ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑see above comment ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

4. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    ha, i was just browsing wwbw and saw it and wondered if anyone here thought it was worth it.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Someone recently posted a video in German of this very device. I've seen a couple of pro's ( who will remain nameless so as to save them an incredible amount of embarrassment) trying to unload them from their arsenal. They didn't have time to use it. YAAAHH RIGHT!! Can you say GIMMICK !? :lol:

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    WWBW thinks it is worth it and would advice you to buy it!;-)

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Playing devil's advocate for a minute, the device probably could increase blood flow to the lips, and may provide some benefit. But is it more usefull than following your regular practice routine?

The product information states that it comes with "ten different mouthpiece adapters" to fit all types of mouthpieces, including oboe and bassoon reeds. However, they show the product with a trumpet mouthpiece. I guess they know who's the most gullible. :-)