Is this what music is about?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RobertSlotte, Sep 2, 2011.

1. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  2. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland
  3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This guy is one of the few that lost his membership here. The reasons are obvious. Teakettle express belongs in the kitchen - not on stage.

Nope, not worth my time.

4. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I can say this because I'm a southern boy."What a dumb red neck trumpet screemer"! Why don't you just take a hammer and hit yourself in the head! This has nothing to do with music.

5. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    I instinctually respect all trumpet players and musicians in general because of the disipline it takes to do what others merely scratch the surface of. Im thinking that this guy is really misunderstood...or he realy is as big of a jerk as he looks. My rule of thumb here and Ive said it before, if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all. Best wishes.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sounds to me like he's Finished.

And do we have an Axis 2 diagnosis for him? You bet!
    While the rest of us look toward trumpet teachers for the truth, you OP need to find a good psychologist.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh by the way in answering the question title of the post "Is this what music is about"

The answer is No.

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    There are Screamers, and there are Squeakers/Squealers - this guy is a Squeaker-Squealer. Squeaker-Squealers cannot play music- They cannot put the squeaks into any tune.

A squealing brake has the same noise - Noise not Music!.

9. Aydn

Aydn Pianissimo User

Jun 13, 2011
    Sunny South Florida
    I better never hear that sound outa either one of my boys!!!! absolutely not a musical sound!! My seven year old can scream on the cornet but he actually sounds good maybe this guy needs to take lessons from him. Hey I can make that sound when I clean the windows in the house!!!!
    Aydn:stars:

10. Pete Anderson

Pete Anderson Pianissimo User

Feb 27, 2008
    That video is pretty hilarious and does make him look like a total assclown, but I don't think it's fair to call him a "squeaker-squealer". He sounds pretty darn good to me actually, even in the lower register (though I couldn't find a video of him playing a ballad or anything quiet...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE_B61MPlT8&t=51s