Issues with The Bandroom

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tsschap, Aug 29, 2012.

1. tsschap

tsschap New Friend

Mar 31, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Has anyone had problems with on-line orders from "The Bandroom?" I placed an order for some parts for my Benge, received e-mail confirmation of the order, my credit card was charged, and I have not heard from them in over a month. The Chattanooga Better Business Bureau lists numerous complaints against this company for failure to deliver and does not endorse The Bandroom. There are several threads on this site referring people to the company, so there are obviously some satisfied customers out there. I'm not one of them!

TSSchap

2. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I have had a couple of successful transactions with them a couple of years ago, recently sent a couple of emails with a query, 8/4 8/24, no reply.

Would not deal with them again.

Regards, Stuart.

3. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Man, I almost bought some parts with those folks, glad I didn't now.

4. terrytuner

terrytuner Pianissimo User

Sep 23, 2010
    Tennessee
    I've bought parts from them at both at their Chattanooga store and have sucessfully ordered from their N. Georgia location. I broke the plastic guide on my 3rd valve slide on my Severinsen earlier today. Cursory Search on-line revealed they may be the only obvious source on-line. I can't see that the guide is necessary, but I'd like to keep the horn as close to original as possible. $15.00 seems a bit high for what may be only cosmetic.

Any thoughts?

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I ordered a tuneup kit for my Olds Recording, felts and springs and such, and waited 2 1/2 months for it to be delivered. Give it another month, and you'll probably receive what you ordered.

Turtle

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I have successfully dealt with them a couple of years ago, but delivery was quite slow.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hold on terrytuner, I got one from a guy in the midwest. Let me look up the info AND, YOU DO need that slide unless you let it get frozen. Getzen's slides are as slick as their valves (if maintained properly) and with the slide pointed down to the ground whilst diddling the valves, it will come off (if it's maintained properly). That's why I ordered 2 when my original broke. I was glad my foot was positioned in the right place to "catch" the free-falling slide.

Band & Orchestra Rentals at Central Instrument Company, Inc - Ohio
    Website is "lame" but you can give them a call.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    FOUND SOME!!!!!!

New Getzen Trumpet 3rd Black Delrin Slide Stop! | eBay

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Just a thought. Some were complaining about a resto guy that takes a terminally long time with their horns. Maybe this is where he gets his parts!!! :roll:

10. tsschap

tsschap New Friend

Mar 31, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for all of your replies. I don't understand a business that pre-charges and provides no feedback or updates on delivery. Turtle said to give them another month but that doesn't work because you can't challenge the charge beyond 60 days. I'm a pretty trusting person, but not where my money is concerned. Maybe this place is like that old adage about Jazz musicians - Great sense of timing but no sense of time!

TSSchap