It feels good...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by VetPsychWars, Nov 8, 2014.

1. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    A while ago, a player called me, he heard about Buescher horns and could I advise him what to buy so he could try one?

It so happened that a Buescher Model 280 fluegel horn became available. He bought it... and loved it.

He was interested in more.

I watch eBay anyways to see what might be available and clue in friends, and I'm sort of looking for empty cases.

Last week, two "buy it now" came up, one for a $75 late 50s Aristocrat cornet in fantastic condition, and a late 40s "The 400" for $375. He bought both.

Because this man has been so enthusiastic, I took a Duo-Cup 88-D mouthpiece out of the pile (which is fortunately almost gone) and sent it to him. Passion needs reward.

He's received the mouthpiece today and also has received the cornet, which he loves.

It makes me happy to share the information that these Buescher horns are of such high quality. I cannot wait to hear from him when he receives the Model 225 "The 400" trumpet. I think he will also find it as amazing as the others he already has.

Tom

Dale Proctor likes this.
  2. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    I appreciate your advice very much!

3. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    What is it about Buescher that gives it an almost "cult-like" following?

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I know. You would NEVER see that kind of behavior in a Martin Committee or Olds Recording owner.:noway:

5. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Or a Wild Thing. :cool:

bumblebee likes this.
  6. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    No idea, because whenever someone gets a nice Conn or Yamaha, we all gladly send our congratulations, then sit back and wait for the next case because there doesn't seem to be a "main advocate" for either brand overall [that I know of, at least]... :think:
    I say that because Conn has Bochawa for Greenleaf era horns, Christine Derksen [though not on this forum?] for Elkhart-era horns, and other fans of similar.
    Yamaha...I have no idea...

7. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    It's the best horn you've never heard of. Once you play one, you wonder why it's been kept a secret.

Tom

bumblebee likes this.
  8. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Or even a Kanstul Flugel :evil:

9. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    :think:

10. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I got to play some of Tom's Bueschers and they are great horns. The flugelhorn was especially nice..