It never fails......

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by flugelgirl, Mar 3, 2016.

1. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Sometimes it's the gnat buzzing around that's more irritating than the bump on the head. Everyone has their quirks; this just happens to be one of mine.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I do posses one instrument that I do not consider my own, and honestly have played it a few times for church solos. Too, I've loaned it to a high school student other than its original designee, when his own trumpet was in the shop. I got it back better than when I loaned it ... its silver plate then well polished. He is a former student of mine and is a neighbor. Once in a while we now play duets. He quit the high school concert band which he says wasn't giving any concerts and just playing old music that he had played so many times it became boring. The high school band director has submitted his resignation effective at the end of this years school term.

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Or, you could answer like Yogi used to when asked what time it was, he'd answer," You mean right now? AND......You need to relax a little. If you like, I could give you a fairly long list of things which could give you cause to be irritated about that would come before that....just wanted to help a little......:roll:

4. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    I thought it never hurts to ask

5. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Believe it or not, I'm usually a laid-back guy; this time thing just happens to yank my string. At least I don't answer with "GFY!" :lol:

gunshowtickets likes this.
  6. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    I was at the counter filling out a Priority Mail address slip, some lady comes over and starts getting all close to me, reaching in front of me instead of asking for a registered mail slip, et c., saying, "Don't move."
    "I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE THIS CLOSE TO ME!" I said sternly .
    "Oh, don't move!"
    "You don't f[']n' tell me what to do, lady!" I yelled at her.
    The nerve of some people.

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Or people telling me to have a nice day. I'll have the kind if day I decide, YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!
    Just kidding.

8. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    I know a guy at my penultimate job, he came in raving one day.
    "Do you know what that ******* at the front gate said to me this morning?!"
    "What'd he say, Bill?"
    "He told me, 'Have a nice day.' Can you believe that? The audacity af this ******' guy. What if I don't want to have a nice day?! I flipped him the bird as I drove in."

True story.

9. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    When I was younger it really used to bother me when people said, "Really?" after I said something. Sometimes I'd reply, "No. I'm freakin' lying. Yes, REALLY." I don't do that anymore, opting to just smile instead. Age mellows.

10. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I like it when the salesman/politician/you name it, says, "I'm going to be perfectly honest with you"..... ......and I want to reply, what was all that talk up till now?