Itg 2009

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trplyr, May 28, 2009.

1. trplyr

trplyr New Friend

May 22, 2009
    Anybody at the 2009 ITG Conference?
    What do you think so far?
    I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 so far.

2. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    They did a lot of hard work--this seems to be a very well organized conference with a lot of great artists and vendors. I've never been to another ITG conference, and I'm not big on quantitative ratings anyway, but this is a pretty nice conference. I will say that I am not the biggest fan in the world of Harrisburg. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do when not attending trumpet events...

3. samdaman

samdaman Pianissimo User

Jun 15, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Yah I would agree that there was a lot of hard work that went into this conference. This is also my first conference, so I can't comment on past conferences, but it's great fun! Jimi: If you want some things to do around Harrisburg here are my suggestions:

1) Visit the PA state capitol building and walk around inside. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! There are lots of priceless pieces of American history in there, along with one of the most scenic rotundas of any capitol building.

2) If you're more of an outdoorsman, there's a bass pro shop not more then 5 minutes away. Fun thing to go see if you like the wild.

3) I'm not sure of the clubs or other night life in the area, but I'm sure there might be some around.

Right now I'm heading into the Army Herald Trumpet concert, so I'll report more later.

4. walldaja

walldaja Pianissimo User

Feb 25, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    This is my first ITG and I'm quite impressed. Especially after seeing the "US Army in action today--from the Herald Trumpets to the jazz group. I'd have to give them at least a 9 based on the vendors and performers.

The facilities however are a different story. Maybe it's a Pa thing but I'm used to a capital city that is vibrant and has tons of things to do close at hand (Indianapolis). At least the money I'm saving on meals I can spend on trumpet vendors.

Wooten and Martin were outstanding!

5. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    Wish I could be there...but we're getting ready for finals! :-(
    Maybe next time,
    -Andrew

6. brassmachine19

brassmachine19 New Friend

Nov 16, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Keep in mind that you have chocolate town USA (Hershey) no more than 15 minutes away, with Hershey Park ($ amusement park) and Chocolate World (free chocolate making tour ride!!!). Also I believe that National Civil War museum is located somewhere in Harrisburg. If you're into baseball, the Harrisburg Senators, a minor league baseball team plays right across the river.

Hope everyone is having a blast!

7. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Why on Earth would you want to do something other than eat sleep and breath trumpet for 5 days....;-)

8. Huggy Bear

Huggy Bear Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2007
    Berea, OH
    Go over to Second Street. LOT of bars and clubs.....and "ladies". You'll like it....Fo' Shizzle!!!

Love,
    Huggy Daddy

9. samdaman

samdaman Pianissimo User

Jun 15, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh and also there's a Harrisburg visitors guide at the registration desk that has everything that is of interest in the city of Harrisburg.

10. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    I saw some of the "ladies"... I think the Renaissance Fair must have been in town...