Itg 2011 wow

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrentAustin, May 30, 2011.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mega thanks to Del and Steve for hosting an absolutely awesome conference! I was so honored to share the stage with so many talented friends and have really been inspired to put more time into the horn than ever.

Highlights of the show for me was Jouko (wowwowowowowow), Sean tearing up Cherokee at my session, Marvin and Bill Mays, Jim Ackley's sound on Kelly's piece, Manny, vizzutti, Wayne, and hanging with Rashawn and Christian Scott. Playing next to Wilmer Wise was also a great honor at the FOT.

Unfortunately since I was there working as well (amazing support all week!) I missed out on a lot of the great stuff in the day.

Hoping to start a few threads sharing our experiences for all those who might not have been able to attend.

Best,
    T

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Mikel Dupac

3. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    It looked like an awesome conference from all the pictures I was getting on Facebook- I really want to go to one, one of these days!

4. MartinRooney

MartinRooney New Friend

Feb 27, 2004
    Boston MA
    I made it for the last 3 days, and as Trent said, it was awesome. Nice blend of classical and jazz, great performers, great performances, great exhibiters and great people. If I can sneak off to GA next year, it would be great!

Also, everything that has been said about the Adams Flugelhorns is spot on!

5. dstrad

dstrad Pianissimo User

Oct 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I wonder if ITG would ever consider setting up a live stream feed/video recording of the conference? Maybe have it so you could select which session you could view for a fee for those who could not attend in person? Just thinking out loud.

Doug Fine