Itg 2013

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kujo20, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
  2. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm SO EXCITED! I finally get to go! Grand Rapids is practically right down the road from me! I've never been able to go! I'm going this year though! I wouldn't miss out on Arturo Sandoval, Adam Rapa, Terrell Stafford, Allen Vizutti, Bobby Shew (and way more) for anything!

Anybody else planning to go?

Kujo

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What???? No Claudio??? How could they forget Claudio???

4. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I know right? I was dissapointed when I didn't see his name. It'd sure be nice to hear him play with Arturo again....

Kujo

5. christophac7

christophac7 Pianissimo User

Jun 29, 2012
    Boca Raton, FL
    I remember looking at that a month ago. I would kill to go, but a lack of funds and aspiring to march Boston Crusaders makes it a tad difficult.

6. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Given the oportunity I would definetly go for the chance to hang with the elite. My problem is, how not to be embarrased by my puney ability. Im no slouch, but am not kidding anyone about being an amazing talent. How could I keep from throwing my horn down and swearing off playing forever. Too many egos all in one place! ARG!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

uhm -- just TRY BEING YOURSELF ---- here let me tell you a short story. (we have a concert where the 3rd trumpet part actually has a SOLO) the conductor took it away and gave it to another (higher up trumpet player) ---the DUDE sitting next to me was quite upset, saying that was a grade 3 solo, and everyone can do it, and it was UNFAIR to get it taken away from the 3rd trumpets as WE MIGHT NEVER GET A SOLO PART AGAIN!!!!!

to which I aksed the young guy!!! "what do you have to prove??, you see (frankie joe bob ..not his real name) I know what I can play, and I know what I can't play --- and I play because I can --- I have nothing to prove"

so LARRY SCHATNER (oops) you are not Bill's brother -- I mean hey LARRY TSCHARNER -- ask yourself this - "WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PROVE TO ANYONE????"

8. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Ken. I agree with you for the most part. I let my playing speak for itself and keep the trumpet players ego in check. I dont have this need to dominate others....but I have noticed that I play too loudly sometimes, on purpose. Ask anyone in the bands that I play in and they can tell you my credo...."Im not afraid to make a mistake."

I must admit that I agree with Frankie Joe Bob though. If the third part has a solo then who is that condctor that he can change and move it to another part. Honestly, conductors complain about trumpet players all of the time so now its payback time. The composer had a reason to write it that way, if for no other, to give the third the melody for a change. When I play third I take it very seriously and its HARD because you have to read carefully and count! My nose would be a little out of shape if I were the one that suffered the lack of confidence vote that Joe Bob got, especially if it were witnessed by the rest of the group. Trumpet players blow, but at least we arent conductors, they suck! Best wishes.

9. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    The player should always yield to the conductor. He is in charge of how the music sounds. He hears it differently from the perspective of the podium and should get the last word on everything. The musicians are the instrument that he uses to make music. If my instrument doesn't do what I want then I will get another instrument. He has the right to do the same.

10. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Wow! Look at how quickly we can get off topic at trumpetmaster.