Itg 2013

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kujo20, Nov 3, 2012.

1. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    I agree about being off topic...sorry. I disagree about the conductor playing the part of aranger by changing the piece, though it wasnt made clear if he materialy changed anything. IM JUS SAYIN Joe Bob had a right to be a little disappointed, especially if he could play the part as written. Best wishes.

2. larry tscharner

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    If you look at the original post it is simply two words.

+1 on the "Oh Yeah." Best wishes.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah, but frankie joe bob -- is likely not to show up at the ITG, because of his ego!! when it is all said and done!!! -- I suppose it was actually KT's fault here that the solo was taken away. frankie,joe bob - and the other 3rd trumpet didn't show up for rehearsal (for like the 2nd time this season) and OLE KT here played the solo (flawlessly, I might add) -- but the conductor CHOSE to give the solo to another trumpet player who had been working VERY HARD this past year, and the conductor actually asked KT here, if I would be OK with me that he would like to give the solo to the other person!!!being such a team player --- I AGREED THAT I WOULD NOT BE OFFENED!!!!! (the other two 3rd trumpet players were not present to voice their opposition) -the solo turned out GREAT --- and the other trumpet player who did it (I BELIEVE) gained much needed confidence to her progress on the trumpet ------ SO I THINK IT WAS A GOOD CHOICE ON MY PART AND THE CONDUCTORS PART!!anyways the whole part of ITG as I understand it ---- is NOT an EGO tripping show of trumpet players, but it is to gather, and to learn and to make connections with people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Besides -- KT can play the trumpet solo UP AN OCTAVE, while the other trumpet player who got the solo was happy to nail the G on top of the staff!!! -- I AM WAY BETTER TRUMPET PLAYER ANYHOW!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
    I have nothing to prove!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
    be a team player in a community band -- it helps everyone!!!!

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    ITG is not a "Topic" on my agenda to discuss ... it is just a simple notice ... closer to an advertisement.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    that's OK -- we haven't really discussed ITG anyhow -- have we??? ROFL ROFL ROFL we've (I've) only discussed what I think ITG should be -- but I have never attended one to really have any first hand experience or knowledge about what really happens

7. larry tscharner

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Ken...thanks for the further information on ol Joe Bob. Sounds like the right thing happened after all. I stand by all of my above posts, but the details make all the diference. Congrats on being such a great trumpet player. Best wishes.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hopefully the right thing happened --- frankie joel bob missed a few days and a concert, but hopefully he will return --- that being said, who knows if anyone appreciated KT's move to willfully let the conductor give the solo to someone else ----------hopefully the other 3rd trumpets don't get mad at me!!!!!!!!!!!! however, if they do, I will just whip off a solo an octave up ---which sounds very good, I might add -------------------------then I will ask the other 3rd's, there match that pal!!!!!!!!!!! --- in which they will all fail ---- BECAUSE I AM KING TRUMPET!!!!! ----------------and that ought to settle any arguments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or create more ------------------------ ROFL ROFL ROFL