ITG at Banff, 2008

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by stchasking, Mar 12, 2008.

1. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I just received an email form Yahoo travel informing me that Frontier Airlines cancelled all flights into Banff due to high fuel prices.

I'll work on the new travel plans tomorrow morning.
    I might have to work it with Air Canada.

2. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    My flights were transfered to United Airlines with nearly the same times of departure and arrival. Yahoo Travel took care of the process and it took about 20 minutes on the phone to India.
    My increase in fare is $462.43.

3. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    ouch!

4. BradHarrison

BradHarrison Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I was really interested in going, especially since it's in my own country, but I don't think I'm going to make it. When I priced it out, it was close to $3000, and that wouldn't include and CD's, books, or random gear I would buy at the conference. For that kind of money, I could have a pretty wild month in Europe. It just didn't seem to make financial sense to spend that kind of money on a 5-6 day trip.

Banff is a pretty awesome place, from what I've heard. I haven't had the pleasure of visiting but I hear the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. If you can afford the trip, I highly recommend it.

5. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I just spent an hour on Travelocity talking to a person in India. It turns out that I don't owe United Airlines anything. The $462.43 is what Frontier had to pay extra to United. It doesn't make sense but I'll take it. The reservation is confirmed.