ITG Columbus Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jjcousin, May 29, 2015.

1. jjcousin

jjcousin Pianissimo User

Apr 21, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Hey all,

I was thinking of dropping over to Columbus (by driving 2 1/2 hours) but I can't figure out how to secure this deal.
    Do I need to buy tickets?
    I'd like to get there around 10-11 or so - see the exhibits, attend the master classes, see Till and the big band, and then Jack at the end.

Anyone know what I have to do?
    Get a hotel room?
    PLUS buy tickets?
    No one here (from the "Attend Conference page" is getting back to me:

Registration Forms and all general Registration Inquiries may be directed to:

Rachel Devol, Registration Coordinator
    [email protected] 563.676.2435
    ITG Office Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10am-3pm Central Time

This is frustrating...

Thanks in advance,

John C.:shhh::oops::x

2. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    Online Registration is now closed. All registration and merchandise ordering will occur on-site at the conference = Hyatt Regency / Columbus. The Saturday ticket included the evening All-Star Jazz gig + everything else that day except the banquet dinner. If not an ITG member, you'll pay around $150 (guessing - not sure what premium will be charged 'on the day of the event') for the 1-day ticket. Hope you make it = going to be great! No room required ...

jjcousin likes this.
  3. cyber_shake

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    Well, did you make it? Saturday was awesome!! So glad I got to attend!

4. jjcousin

jjcousin Pianissimo User

Apr 21, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Hi Blaine,

I DID make it! It was like being in a candy store!

In the first 30 minutes, I almost stumbled into Doc S., spoke to Jerry Callet for awhile, and then JUST missed my chance to buy Till Bronner his bottled water at the c-store there but spoke a bit to him, anyway! It was magical!

I ended up buying a Flugel MPC from Brasswind Research. I made it to the Marcinkiewicz table late, or else I would have gotten the Rick Braun flugel mpc and tried out his flugelhorn (without the dent).
    I was amazed at the Adams horns' valves. THOSE are my next obsession, I believe.

The final concert was pretty awesome. I wish Till had appeared earlier but this introduced me to the other players, which is nice!
    I think I saw you watching the concert from upstairs, but I had to get going to drive back 3hrs to Perry, OH afterward!

Thanks for touching base,

John C.

5. cyber_shake

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    Hi John,

Awesome! Glad to hear you got there ... I was hoping you would make it, being so close to where we live!

Yes, I was sitting upstairs for the concert = you could hear everything 'live' without the PA from my seat, and the volume was a tad lower than the amplified version. My brain was pretty tired after spending so much time in the exhibition area, but with so many great horns, it just had to be done!

Robert Love's Brasswind Research mouthpieces out of Dayton, OH are really great! A bit of a hidden gem that is getting more & more attention, his system works very well. I love the trumpet 3 rim with E+ (super deep, but the F cup is even a step deeper) cup for jazz work because of the dark tone.

The Rick Braun horn was stunning, as were all Marcinkiewicz products there. The bigger bore (I think it is .459) was very different compared to what I am use to ... I just wanted the copper Rembrandt = the most beautiful trumpet I have ever seen!

I purchased an Adams F1 flugel with red brass bell and a silver flair that just plays like a dream to me. Yes, they are a good obsession!

Now I wish I had been there all week long!

6. jjcousin

jjcousin Pianissimo User

Apr 21, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll tell you what - I can't remember if it was the F1 or F2...but (I think it was the F2) weighed maybe an ounce (exaggerating of course) - but sounded AWESOME

Either of those horns, and because of the valves, I feel like I was NOT hampered by the bell pipe that you have to wrap your right hand around and felt like I could have just as much hand/valve movement as a normal Bb. (I have small hands and feel somewhat slowed down by the bell pipe).

It felt like a glooooooove.

:-P