ITG conference in SE region?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crowmadic, Feb 7, 2007.

1. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    I emailed ITG with this question but the email bounced back, so I'm resorting to the most reliable people I know...........
    Has there ever been a ITG conference in the SE region, and does anyone know how to find out if there ever will be one? If I can't get an answer here I'll either call ITG directly, or pick another name out of their list of email addresses. I'm hoping for one in Florida, or some surrounding state.

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Come on up to the one at UMass this year. Eric and Jeff have done an AMAZING job with the lineup. This fest is going to be amazing.
    -T

3. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  4. N.O. Trumpet

N.O. Trumpet New Friend

Jan 19, 2007
    New Orleans
    LSU hosted the conference a while back as did the University of Kentucky. Bryan Goff would seem like the most likely in FL to host one... maybe plant a seed

5. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Seems to me that Bryan Goff did host one quite a while back...maybe during the '80s?

6. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Honestly, I think Atlanta would be a good choice with such easy access. Although, the most likely university with a "purse" and the resources would be UGA (Fred Mills), which is in Athens.

7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Just be sure to make certain you all don't have to travel too far, after all we wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that there is an I at the beginning of ITG.

Alex - I like the idea of Athens - Greece has always appealed to me;-)

If I can remove my tongue from my cheek for a moment, if you work somewhere that is interested in hosting a conference I seem to recall that 2009 is still awaiting a venue and host.

ITG Web Site - Conferences will give you a list of all previous conference venues - I have to admit, my US geography is not good enough to answer whether there has ever been a conference in your neck of the woods.

8. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I only WISH I were talking about that part of the world!

Unfortunately, THIS Athens is 2 hours from Atlanta. Home of B52's, REM and other popular music groups. Typical nice college town overrun with coffee shops and vintage, second hand clothing stores.

10. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    Who is Bryan Goff?