ITG conference in SE region?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crowmadic, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Try google

2. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    I get the feeling that there's lots of WILD & CRAZY GUYS & GALS on TM forum, so may I suggest the University of Miami. South Beach offers a great escape after a long day at the convention. Artuo Sandoval's Jazz Club is there. You know the weather's gonna be great. Food from every nook and crany of the World is represented, with special emphasis on Cuban. There's money in Miami, so there must be money at UM. Don't leave this all up to me, get to work you PARTY ANIMALS! I know UF's got money. Maybe both schools can sponser an ITG convention. I might be able to plant a suggestion at UF, but I don't know anyone at UM, where it should be held. I'll try to tempt Jeff Piper with the above enticements. He might make the schools an offer they can't refuse?

3. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  4. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    The ITG website provides a booklet on what facilities you have to have to host a conference. All the qualifications are there. Large cities have most of the requirements such as a dorm for low cost housing and an international airport within a few miles.

Talk to your cities Visitor and Convention center to participate. The local musicians union is also a good partner.

5. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana

Last edited: May 21, 2007