ITG Conference Query

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetmike, Feb 7, 2007.

1. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Before anyone asks, YES, I have emailed this question to the relevant email address, just wondered if anyone on TM might be able to provide the information slightly quicker (as is so often the case).

1) Does anyone know what time the conference will be starting on the 29th May?
    I have got a variety of flight options and I want to make sure that I don't miss any of the concerts (like last year:-( )

2) How easy is it to get from Boston Logan International to Amherst?
    It is quite a bit cheaper to fly into Boston (as opposed to any of the other airports) and there are more flights available (which don't require any transfers either - always a bonus). Just need to make sure that I can get from the airport to the conference:D

Hope to see you all at ITG - those of you who weren't caught last time - the hair awaits you:lol:

2. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Mike,

Check with Lex, I think she mentioned fly into Connecticut.

It's closer than Boston.

See you there!

-cw-

4. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mike,

come early and hang here.

I'm not going to the entire conference but will go a few days.

You are more than welcome to crash and drink some GREAT adult beverages. We have our own brew pub in my home town.

:)

5. johnnyjazz

johnnyjazz New Friend

Mar 21, 2006
    Upstate New York
    According to the schedule, which is posted on the ITG site, the program starts at 7:00 pm on Tuesday.
    John

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    It is certainly closer to the venue, but there are no direct flights and those that transfer cost more, sadly.

Trent, I REALLY wish I could. It looks like I will be working until I leave and then again immediately afterwards - great shame, I have heard GOOD stuff about the micro breweries of Boston and the surrounds.
    Maybe some other time?

John - thanks for that, it has been updated since I last checked.
    Only one thing I would point out - it starts on the Tuesday (but the start time is correct).

7. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I live about 15 minutes from the airport... if you need a ride to the conference let me know. The first brew is on you ;)
    -T

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Trent - how big is your car?

I am likely to be coming over with a couple of other Surrey Brass guys (probably 5 people in total). When combined with trumpets and clothes this could require quite a vehicle:D

Can I just say that this is one of the reasons I love this (and other) online communities - the offers that people are willing to make are very generous.
    After last time, are you safe with beer?

(don't panic, the photos are still offline)

9. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Beer, yes. Any other "adult beverage" I will not attempt to ingest in mass crowds. I think I've learned my lesson.
    This does taste like Chicken!

I could get probably 4 people into the car with gear. I have an Accord. Either way let me know. I'll be going to hang out at the conference a few days. Probably scare people off in the exhibit halls playing pulcinella up an octave and happy Mahler.

;)

This year I'll be able to go to a majority of the recitals and lectures. YEAH!

-T

10. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Mike-
    Just got my reg. confirmation. Registration begins at 3:00.

See you all there!