ITG Denver! Who's Going???

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by eclipse trumpets, Apr 2, 2004.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    I know its 9 weeks away or so, but i was wondering who is planning on going this year?

I badly want to go to my first US ITG and see if its as good as some were saying about last years, for me it depends if the stork arrives on time :lol:
    I went to the ITG show when it was held in Manchester here in the UK, but it was almost a non event with an extremely low attendance. (i can only imagine the US ones are better)

Also does anyone have any good places they think i should go see if i do have any spare time ? (maybe some Denver locals might be able to point me in the right direction)

And one last thing! how is the location picked each year? Is it a set rota? picked out of a hat or does a certain college have to win the right to host it?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Leigh

2. KevininGeorgia

KevininGeorgia New Friend

Dec 15, 2003
    Alpharetta, GA
    A group of us are coming from Georgia (USA):
    Kevin: keviningeorgia ( Me)
    Joel: Riffdawg

& a good friend of ours Chris Kelly & our former professor Al Ligotti..
    Yea all 4 of us are VERY excited about the trip..

We've been talking about finding a place to meet all the Forum Trumpeters ( both TMer's & THer's) & have some drinks & food..

Maybe some Denver people can give us some ideas...

Thanks,
    Kevin

3. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    Any plans for future ITG's in Minnesota?(around Minneapolis)
    I'd like to go, but my dad said no to me wanting to go to the Trumpet Day in Madison, but as it turns out, that was the weekend that my grandpa's funeral was....may he rest in peace....
    Anyway, the Madison thing was 6 hours away(driving), and he wouldn't let me go.

4. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Some places it could happen are at the University of Minnesota, or Gustavus Adolphus College, or St. Olaf. If David Baldwin at the U or Steve Wright at Gustavus or Marty Hodle at St. Olaf want to plan it.

Lots of work..........

:-)

Mike