It's Been A While

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BADBOY-DON, May 21, 2007.

1. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    IT'S 2:AM....SUNDAY NIGHT!
    I went to bed early...work up from a really BAAAAAAAAAD NIGHTMARE FROM THE PITS OF HELL! Just a few minutes ago...
    Grabbed a drink of water and re-boot my dreamweaver....

I have been lurking on this TM for months now...but after viewing TM for a while....It;s been good theraaaaapeeeee'

Same ol' same old...still lookin' for the HOLY GRAIL of cornets...since the loss of my old beloved Bessy...over 4 years ago. I still haven't found a replacement that feeeeeels as right as that old stolen Besson or one that an old retired toot can afford and still have enough $$$ to pay for gas and prescriptions at the Phamacy.
    A while back I stopped at Teddy Browns...and tried a beautiful used Getzen short model but it was still waaay out of my price range.

Like the song says: "Someday...when I'm old n' grey...HEY! IN MY CASE! I am old but more BALD THAN GREY!

Oh well...back to bed! Reading about all these new instruments on TH may have helped? Maybe? Counting new Bessons instead of Sheep...just may not quite be the same..n'allthatjazz.
    Don (exiled in Gig Harbor, Wa.)

2. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    That's a sad tale. What kind of "old Bessy" cornet did you have, or looking for? From one old retired Besson owning coot to another. Just kidding about the coot part.