It's been awhile

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Feb 22, 2011.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Well, like the title says it's been awhile. Getting away from the forums and taking lessons from my local college professor was the best thing I did. So I read some of my old posts and got a good laugh since I know that some of them were wrong/dumb. Anyways just by getting away and practicing more and listening to my professor is the best thing I've done for my playing. So hello again everyone and I am happy to say I will be starting college this fall as a music edu major and/or a performance major with a teaching certificate.:play:

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Welcome back!

Congrats on your continuing education.

What school are you attending?

3. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Technically I haven't gotten my acceptance letter, but my auditions went decently and after my sinus surgery I am pickin up lessons again with their head professor. I will be attending MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University). I'm not giving his name because I know he doesn't like being referred to on forums, so if you know him please don't throw his name out. But I am really excited for it. The methods I was taught were Clarke and what not, they didn't work, then I got with him and I've been working slot of lip flex studies which have done wonders, in that I finally found a method that works for me.

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Good deal!