It's been nice, Folks,

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Still Trying, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    But I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hang with all you fellow trumpet geeks. By profession, I'm a school teacher. But to support and raise my five kids, I went to work in a chemical plant years ago. The plant got shut down by the company, and the whole work force got laid off. Since then I have been what is known as a "contractor". That's kind of like a chemical plant ronin. I have no "master", i.e. permanent employer. I start up chemical plants and do all kinds of technical writing.

And it's as a technical writer that I have been under contract for most of the last 6 years. I also did a couple of startups on this gig. But it's all coming to an end this Friday, as I am being laid off. I have no idea where my next job will be. A lot of my associates are either in Iraq or China right now. But in any case I have no idea to what extent I will, be able to continue participating on TM. Worse than that, I don't know to what extent I will be able to keep up with my trumpet playing on my next assignment.

But I have enjoyed interacting with all you fine folks. I wish you much success with your trumpet playing endeavors. I truely appreciate all the advice I have received on this forum from more advanced players, who were willing to share with the rest of us. Thanks. I sincerely hope I can check in from time to time and get a trumpet "fix" from all your posts. But just in case you don't hear from me for a while, I don't want anyone to think I'm going away mad. I may just be going away.

Keep practicing and making music. And if anyone ever asks you why you are so willing to put in the hours and hours of practice time necessary to become a skilled trumpet player, just ask them in return, "Why does a song bird sing"? The answer is, of course, because he can't help it. The music in his soul has to express itself somehow. If he couldn't sing, his soul would die. And so it is with us trumpet playing birds. Cheers.

2. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    ?

I guess all I can say is good luck, keep your chin up and whatever you do try to remain positive especially around your children...

I'm with you!

Tony G

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    And, so, shall we all remain here waiting for things to stabilize for you, my friend. You know, some screen names and signatures are inspiring like your name and Annie's signature. We're all "still trying" and whenever you sign on with a statement or question we're reminded of that. That's the kind of humility that the trumpet brings us all. One can't get too cocky for the trumpet has its unique way of keeping one humble.

So, we're all "still trying". Hope all settles down for you soon.

See you soon,

ML

4. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Good luck and may God be watching over you!

Greg

5. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    God bless you and your family in your future that lies ahead!

This may be a blessing in disguise so . . . without trying to sound cute . . . keep on trying! ;-)

I hope and pray that everything goes well and that you can find another LOCAL job to your liking and satisfaction!

Warmest regards,

Tom Turner

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Jesse... whatever you do, hang onto that Eclipse! The day will come when you have the proper time to devote to it. Good luck with your future.

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The LORD bless you and keep you;
    The LORD make HIS face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
    The LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Remember, GOD is GOD and is ALWAYS in control.

Blessings be upon you.

Chuck Willard

8. John Mohan

John Mohan Pianissimo User

Aug 11, 2004
    Chicago
    I sure hope things take a turn for the better for you real, real soon. Hang in there!

Best wishes for you,

John

9. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Still Trying,

You're in my prayers. Don't worry, things'll get better sooner or later. Just hang in there and when you think you can't take it anymore, pull out the horns and just let go for a while!

We're all rooting for you! Best wishes! God Bless.

Lara

10. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    I appreciate everybody's good wishes, but don't worry about my spirit. I've known my God for a very long time. He knows how many hairs I have on my head, so it's for sure He knows I need a job. He already has one lined up. He just hasn't pointed me in that direction yet. But He will.

This isn't just talk. I know whose hand I'm in. Who knows. I might end up in the same neighborhood as some of you other geek types, and we can get together and jam a little.

And Ed, don't worry about my getting rid of the Eclipse. It's like they say about my cold, dead fingers and a gun.

God bless all of you.

Jesse Harbin