"It's never too late to be what you might have become!"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpettrax, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    It's all a matter of perspective Dale...

But in general yeah there are two sides to every coin. Sometimes one is more worn then the other.

2. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Gee Dale, lets see. There was a fellow who was teaching school who became a major league pitcher at the age of 38 or was it 40? Hollywood made a movie about it.

Then there was Joe Louis who was told he was too old and too fat right before his last fight....whcih he won.

Grandma Moses started painting at what, 70?

Ronald Reagan was told he was too old to be President....I'm glad he didn't listen to them.

I'm sure there's lots more examples out there. You might be surprised what you can do if you put your mind to it!

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey John

without getting too mushy.....it is the passion within that gets it all done. Pat yourself on the back for all of your hard work and passion for music/the instrument. I am happy to have helped you reach the depths of your own abilities. (but I admit to blushing a bit :oops: )

4. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Wow,

Alex you're too kind!

And as for you; you should pat yourself on the back. I may have done the work this much is true. You however showed me the way and I shutter to think where I may be today had I not met you.

The respect and admiration I have for you is beyond measure you're my hero straight up!
    [​IMG]

5. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Goerge Foreman~