It's that time for me

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by MahlerBrass, Jun 17, 2005.

1. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Well folks, it's finally that time, the time where all my wisdom teeth (severely impacted) all get removed once and for all. Wish me luck as I'll probably won't be able to post for a few days, thanks a lot guys!!

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Since you say they are impacted, I do wish you luck! I got all four of mine pulled in one day and I had almost no problems with it, however, only one of my was impacted and they were able to pull it by cutting part of the tooth off to get it past the tooth it was impacting.

As for my playing, I think I was only off of the horn for about a week.

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Two malted milk shakes a day for your pain. Enjoy looking like a chipmonk for a few days. Enjoy your time off. Rent some Three Stooges videos... all of them!

ML

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Wait a minute Manny! For that kind of thing, it only hurts when you laugh, and you want him to rent Three Stooges videos!? :lol:

5. Trombahonker

Trombahonker New Friend

Feb 20, 2005
    Atlanta & Miami Beach
    I had four pulled last year at this time (six days before the '04 Guild conference) and had the horn back on my face two days before heading up to Denver. The oral surgeon though it was crazy how quick I healed up - no swelling at all. Hopefully we'll be alike :)

Frozen corn...

Cheers!
    Aaron N.

6. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Well, it's been seven days and I still have quite a bit of swelling, it's not as horrible as it was the first few days, but in the words of my band director, "it's up to bad." I called my doctor and he said since I had actual surgery on all four points of my gums (as opposed to just yankin some teeth out), he said it's typical to take this long, we'll see how long it'll be before I can pick up the horn, thanks a lot guys!

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Don't rush it and just enjoy the milkshakes, man.

Oh, yeah, rent Airplane, True Lies, Animal House, Trading Places, Full Metal Jacket, A Day at the Races, First Blood, and All the Little Rascals vignettes you can find.

ML

8. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Will do, thanks a lot Mr. Laureano!