IT'S UP! FINALLY!! THE VIDEO!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Aug 24, 2005.

1. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I use Safari as well.

2. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Ok. Safari users can get it, IE users can, too.

Maynard is simply amazing. Sheesh. No wonder Bud said what he did about him being the greatest brass player.

Manny- Mahler 5 lyric excerpt is absolutely beautiful. It took a bit of doing to remember which symphony that was from! I had to sit here and hum the rest of it until I got to those bum bum baaahh licks in the low brass followed by the horn's insistant call for agreement.

I'll be playing that video again for my trumpet playing son and my students when school starts again. (Maybe just have it going when they show up for their first lesson...).

3. Syntax

Syntax New Friend

Jul 10, 2004
    I use Safari and the large video only went to Wynton. I had to view the rest in RealPlayer but the video was really choppy (1 frame for every 3 seconds, yeesh). Jaguar 10.2.8... waiting for college before I get a new PowerBook :D

Oh, right....Manny rocked the house down. Hession also surprised me with his cooking. I haven't heard him play much, but I never knew he could turn up the heat that high. Man, he sounds good.

4. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    That'll be your internet connection I'd guess?

5. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Pianissimo User

Same here, so I've seen it all now...

I really like the contrasts between how each player evaluates each horn.. the orchestral players thoughtfully playing extracts etc.. the lead players (Hession and Maynard) giving it welly..... the cool guys.. just being cool..

and Wynton being .. well, Wynton I guess. :D

<woohoo.. 100 posts.. >

6. old geezer

old geezer Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2004
    Indianapolis,In.
    absolutely loved the video - it is funny what we percieve how someone looks - in my little OLD pea brain I always pictured Manny as a short heavy set jolly sort of fellow and he is a young dude and apparently in fine shape. I apologize Manny for putting 50 lbs. and 25 yrs, on you in my mind.
    [lol] old geezer Dave

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    old geezer wrote:
    Ha Ha Ha....

Manny was thought to be 75 years old.

paragorically yours,

-cw-

8. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah! You've entered my mind and temporarily possesed me. haha. I've never seen that on a forum before.

I feel sorry for you, there's nothing but cobwebs up there in my brain.

Seriously, I'm amazed by your playing! Ever think about doing a solo album or is there one out there? I have a few of the Orchestra recordings but need to get more.

Best,

Trent

9. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    AND 225 pounds (at 5'9" that's no joke)!

Geez, Dave... I always speak so well of you!

ML

10. old geezer

old geezer Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2004
    Indianapolis,In.
    that will teach you to ever having any nice thoughts about me [haha]. I am just an old ex-clown who loves life and apparently has no concept on how people look who I meet on the "net". by the way I really was impressed by your playing,but then again you don't get jobs like yours by luck. old geezer Dave