IT'S UP! FINALLY!! THE VIDEO!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Aug 24, 2005.

1. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Manny,

Do you have an exercise routine? You must, how else could you eat like me and not have a 'gut'? :D

Greg

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    It's the conducting! Great Aerobic workout (at least, the way I do it!).

ML

3. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    shout out to manny mo! :D

4. tromj

tromj Piano User

Jun 4, 2005
    Teaneck, NJ
    Some of those trumpet players sounded OK.

5. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I couldn't find the clip until I used a link from here. On a computer at work it wasn't there either. I don't get it.

I thought the playing was great. It was kind of weird for me to have the legit stile mixed with the jazz stuff. I don't really know why.

6. butxifxnot

butxifxnot Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Here...
    I just now saw it! It's nice! I love Patrick Hession.

7. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    Manny mentioned this before, but maybe someone can elaborate on this...what IS that lick Ron is playing at the end? It's so "fun"!

8. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Manny Manny Manny!

I finally watched the video and it is a hoot! First of all, you know how to dress! (sorry guys, but us women really love it when a man knows how to dress sharp and I had to comment since Manny carries it very well). Besides being a pleasure to watch, it was an absolute pleasure to hear you play. You also have one of the most "beautiful" embouchures I have ever seen. You are an inspiration to us all. :worthy:

Urban Agnas sounded really really nice as well. What piece was that he was playing on the C trumpet?

It was a hoot to see Maynard and Schleuter in that little practice room and M asking S to double tongue to see if he is doing it correctly. LOLOLOL. It also made me laugh whenever the camera broke to Maynard because he was always doing the same descending lip trill lick that is his trademark.

I am glad Dave decided to put this short film on his website for all of us to hear and see. I really enjoyed it. I am appreciative of all the players who put themselves out there for us to watch. Thanks guys! :grouphug:

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn New Friend

Jan 20, 2004
    Isle of Arran, Scotland
    I watched as much of this as my sloooowwww dial up connection would allow! (No broadband on this part of Arran yet!). What I did manage to see and hear, I thoroughly enjoyed! Many (or should that be 'Manny'?) thanks!

:-)

10. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Re: Manny Manny Manny!

I thank you for your kindness, though I don't diminish your sincerity... it is much appreciated.

The piece Urban is playing is his own composition. Just something to show how well he plays! I'll pass on your thanks to Dave... he and Tom Rainey worked very hard to get that collage up. I'm proud to have been a part of it. The good news is that in the near future there will be more, dave told me. There's a ton more that he, David Bamonte, and I did that he plans to put up for your viewing and listening pleasure.

ML