IT'S UP! FINALLY!! THE VIDEO!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Aug 24, 2005.

1. oj

oj Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2005
    Norway
    Interesting video!

(Nice piece that Urban played. He use to make up tunes, and has a very nice warm up series of his own little tunes.)

You sounded fantastic!

.. and also the clip from 2004 is great.

http://www.monette.net/newsite/online/fall2004/prana_c.htm

Pity I did not reach the concert in Berlin a few years ago.

Regards,

Ole

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the extra footage link Ole

Thanks again Manny....sounded great. BRAVO. I have a good embouchure, no complaints, but seeing yours and hearing you play, really inspired me. Last night I had a long session. Everytime I felt a little fatigue or started to "spread" I just pictured your embouchure in my head. This gently reminded me to firm up my corners a bit and voila!...all was well. After a three hour session on the big horns, I picked up the piccolo and played through the entire Tartini late last night for FUN....and it was.....thanks! :D

Ole - is there a way to get my hands on Urban's warm-up that you speak of? If you do not have a copy, do you have contact information for Urban so that I may request it from him? I would really appreciate it.

Oh, and Manny, definitely encourage Dave to put up more of those collages. They are so wonderful to watch. They are informative, inspirational and fun. :-)

3. oj

oj Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2005
    Norway
    Urban's warm up is not published. I have a copy, but I don't think I can give it away. If you mail me, I can give you his mail address. He is professor of trumpet in Cologne, Germany.

I have a small image of the first exercise here (scroll down). It is my report from his great seminar in Oslo this year:

http://region.hive.no/ntf/sem/agnas/rapport/

Unfortunately only in Norwegian. (But the pictures tell a story also.)

Regards,

Ole

4. froman

froman Pianissimo User

Sep 13, 2005
    wow, that Urban Agnas cat is smooth! Such effortless technique. I'd never heard of him before. I Googled him and got 29,000 hits. I guess I need to keep up better!

5. Oldgreentoad

Oldgreentoad New Friend

Aug 30, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Absolutely amazing video! It is always amazing to me to see world class individuals do their thing with so little apparent effort. Mr Laureano you have such a beautiful sound and please encourage Mr. Monette to release more of the clips!
    Sincerely,
    Jason

6. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    Just wondered if anyone has noticed the nice little clip of Antoine Drye playing the flumpet and cornet on that cool little lick from "Joy Spring".

7. John Mohan

John Mohan Pianissimo User

Aug 11, 2004
    Chicago
    I still think they cost too much (maybe because I don't feel I can afford one), but my opinion regarding Monette trumpets has changed - completely.

There are just too many great players who swear by them for me to continue thinking they are over-priced and give a perception of value beyond their real value. I think they are a real value.

I just listened to the 2006 Video Clip on the Monette website that shows off the talents of some fine players (including Manny) playing their Monette instruments.

They all sounded great (in their own individually artistic ways) and while it speaks mainly for their own skills and years of practice, it also speaks for the value of their Monette instruments.

And when we read about what's left of the Bach company trying to cut the worker's pay by 40%, it is clear to me that unlike some of the great instrument makers of the past (I'm speaking in terms of the companys' management - not the workers), Monette on the other hand, is a place where true artists are still able to make truly artistic instruments.

Sincerely,

John Mohan

8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Manny,

The slideshow is GREAT, as is the music.

In the picture of you holding the mute...who is the other fellow?

-cw-

9. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    That's my friend, Toshi!

He's the final assembly guy at Dave's and made a wonderful mute that I got to play that day. Excellent soft mute.

ML

10. Rodrigo Gontijo

Rodrigo Gontijo New Friend

Apr 19, 2006
    Brazil
    Dear Manny,

My name is Rodrigo, I'm from Brazil. I have admired very much your works in Minessota Sympnony, and I like to say: "Man you are Fantastic Musician". Congratulations.