I've been told I'm not allowed to practise...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpetplayer24, Jul 31, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Great response Ken... You know, you're so "way in" that you're "way out" side the box. I really respect people think out side the box... leaves more room for us people that are left inside the box.

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hmmmm ..... I might have expected KT to weigh-in earlier. C'mon you blokes spelling and grammar isn't all that hard - there are young people here who are looking up to you for an example - I'm doing my bit - I serve as a bad example.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    somehow I perceive this as a compliment!!!! -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    If your serving bad examples, then I'll have a burger, with mustard, onion, lettuce, with fries, and a 23 ounce Great Lakes Monster ale.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ya gotta take it when you can get it.

6. gchun

gchun Piano User

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm fortunate to work at the high school I attended. While I'm not in the music department, I do work with almost all their faculty. They are very supportive. The head of the department, my former band director, let's me use the practice rooms after hours. I'll practice before work, sometimes starting as early as 4:30am! It took a while to get used to playing that early, but now I enjoy it. I'm the only one in the building so it's quiet and peaceful. Getting up that early has really instilled a lot of discipline. Also, I'm not depriving the students' use of the rooms by using the room early.

I've performed with some of their ensembles (jazz band, musical theatre pit orchestras) and even substitute taught a few classes.

Perhaps you could work a similar situation where you can do an weekly sectional or lesson with some of their students, or cut your rate if they need to hire you for your service.

Good luck.

Garry

7. Cristina G

Cristina G New Friend

Jul 9, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    As for me, I took up an attic room that was used for storage. When people said they could still hear me, I made it sound proof. I practically dwell in it.

8. Masterwannabe

Masterwannabe Mezzo Piano User

Sep 11, 2009
    Colorado
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm! but don't forget the ketchup.

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    .... and the Beetroot.

10. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    That should be "If you're serving"... etc. Shirley you must be joking.