J Z Trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by miles71, Dec 17, 2010.

1. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Ok, I have one of these to check out. I need info. China Made? Website? anything.

I have only had it for a day or so, and already have some thoughts.......

Ok, let me have it!!!

TD

2. leftmid7

leftmid7 Mezzo Piano User

Sep 21, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Ima let you finish...but the Kanye horn is better ;)

3. ogauge47

ogauge47 Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    I love how their website's trumpet pics are of Bach, Jupiter and Yamaha horns :huh:

4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Absolutely! I used TinEye.com to search the picture of JZ's TBS-Bb Trumpet, which TinEye found all over the web as a Bach Stradivarius. This doesn't mean they are bad horns. But it makes you wonder about whoever's importing them.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  5. JohnSchmitt

JohnSchmitt New Friend

Sep 29, 2010
    Check them out on Welcome to the Baltimore Brass Co.
    They at least have pictures of the horns themselves. From what I've heard from people they are pretty much $400 bach clones... to the point where bach parts even fit. I've only played the pocket trumpet, but it seems to play well.

6. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Baltimore Brass is a great place, located in Catonsville, Maryland. I tried the JZ flugelhorn at Baltimore Brass. It wasn't bad for the money, but definitely lesser quality than a professional quality horn.

Anyone know how the valves hold up over time? In the end, I wonder if a used Getzen or Yamaha (or a new Dillon or Austin Custom Brass) flugel wouldn't be a better option for the same money.