Jam Session tonight! (open to teens and young adults, too!)

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by NickD, Jun 16, 2005.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

(I'm putting this edit here to suggest that you scroll to the last post; it has some info about tonights jam session on July 11)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey folks, its Thursday, June 16. I'm going to drop by the Viking Restaurant and Pub this evening and do the jam session with Bruce Oscar (WDCB Radio) and Nick Schnieder. It's a very nice hang.

OK, this is a Chicagoland post. Sorry. The Viking is in Winfield. I think the band hits around 8:00 PM and the sitting in around 9:00 PM. I'll double check and update later.

I'll delete this post after the session, but in the meantime, Chicago folks, come on out and blow. It's sure to be fun.

TTFN

Nick

2. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    When you gonna blow in Minnesota. :-)

3. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    OUCH!!!

I've literally lived on zero sleep this past week and probably can't survive past 9:00 this evening. I'll get there if I can, but I can't make any guarantees. :-?

4. NickD

NickD Forte User

The location of the Viking...

Here's the location of the Viking. I'll check on the times and post them later.

Viking Steak House
    27W150 Roosevelt Rd.
    Winfield, IL 60190-1617
    630-653-2110

Again, Chicago area TM'ers - come on by!

ND

5. NickD

NickD Forte User

Nice Session!

Great session last night! There were three trumpeters there: Doug Scharf (formerly of the Joan Rivers Show - EXCLLENT soloist!), Rodney Zawacki and myself. We had a great time. Rodney is s fine player and a decent fellow, and Doug and I have been friends for years. Lots of folks were sitting in. If youre from the Chciago area, you ought to make this hang. They ahve jam sessions every Wednesday and Thrusday at the Viking. The band hits around seven and the sitting in around 8:00 to 8:30. They are very welcoming!

Till the next one!

Nick

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

Back at the Viking tonight! Teens and young players welcome!

Well, I'll just post this here. Tonight is June 23, 2005. I'll be back at the Viking tonight. If you scroll back through these posts, there is previous one with the address. Come on by! Bring your horn and sit in! OK, if you're not from the greater Chicago area, I realize you can't but we'll be thinking of you.

Here's a bit of info for the younger players. The Viking is a nice family restaurant with their bar off to the side. Younger players are welcome to come in, including teens. They will not serve any booze to you, but you can get soft drinks and coffee (the latter being my drink of choice as I don't like all the sugar) and you CAN SIT IN!

I hope to see you there.

Peace.

Nick

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

Jam Session tonight, July 11, 2005!!

Ok, folks, this one is for any Chicago area members!

I'll be at Bill's Blues in Evanston for their jazz jam session tonight, July 11, 2005!. All are welcome, with one stipulation. Unfortunately this is a 21 or over joint. Sorry. However, it is quite close to NU. If you're a jazz student at NU, you owe to yourselves to drop by and sit in. You'll have fun and be glad you did. Mike Finnerty runs a very sweet little session.

Bill's Blues is on Davis Street about 1.2 blocks EAST of Ridge. You could walk there from NU, if you had to. Free street parking is ample. The sitting in starts around 9:00 to 9:30 and runs to about 1:00 AM.

I'll be there with my new New York Trumpet Company Stage 1 California Model. Drop by and play! I'll let you play the Stage 1. Find out how cool it is.

I'd be thrilled to see you there!

Peace.

Nick