James Thompson "Buzzing Basics"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mchs3d, Jul 30, 2014.

1. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    Just got this book in the mail (word to the wise: don't order from SheetMusicPlus!). I love the exercises in it. My teacher hates the accompaniments, he thinks they are the cheesiest in the world, and while I do agree they are cheesy, they seem to have a purpose. Has anyone on here worked through this whole book?

[​IMG]

2. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I looked at it in a local music shop a couple of years ago, at AU$124 I did not buy it.

Regards, Stuart.

3. strad116055

strad116055 Pianissimo User

May 27, 2014
    chicago
    i haven't myself, but i know personally an excellent orchestral first trumpeter who has done it "religiously" (his word) for years. if he is any indication of what this stuff can do for you, then i'd say by all means, do it. he has a beautiful sound, wonderful accuracy and control, and i've never heard him become even slightly tired. one of these days i'm going to do it myself.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I would like to see it but the book seems difficult at best to find!!

5. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Stuart, I did a quick Google and found this site - Editions Bim | Search results for: 'buzzing'. It wasn't hideously expensive by our local standards. Cost me about USD38 including shipping (appears to ship from Switzerland). I haven't been a huge fan of buzzing but am willing to see what exercises are proposed in this book.