Japanese Girls Playing Brass

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bill benzon, Feb 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Nice sound for elementary students!:play:

2. vern

vern Piano User

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    My wife is Chinese and my impression is that the 21st century belongs to asians. Sadly, our son can in no way compete with his asian cousins in anything........

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Vern, why does he need to compete, being a sane sensible contributing member of society is enough of a challenge. And if Asia is so great, why is eveyone busting their guts to beat everyone else to immigrate to the "west"?

4. UncleJay

UncleJay New Friend

Apr 16, 2010
    Dallas
    I'd be happy if I could play that well! :thumbsup: Seriously, if my kid played like any one of those kids at a school performance, I'd probably break down in tears like a blubbering fool. :oops:

Great clip, thanks for sharing!

5. vern

vern Piano User

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    TedH, I hope I wasn't implying that Asia is "great" but rather that academically and artistically they are on a roll!

6. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User

Jan 10, 2009
    You know what? You're right, Big Daddy. I deleted my post. It doesn't make any difference anyway.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  7. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I thought partisan politics like this is off limits and not supposed to be discussed on TM. Don't we get enough of it on other sites? Let's try to keep it to music please and vent someplace else.
    :D

8. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User

Jan 10, 2009
    I'll be glad to keep it to music as long as everyone else does but please don't expect me to sit by and not respond to nonsense because that's how we got into this mess in the first place.

:D

Nice video, BTW. We didn't sound that good until high school, and even then that was without the choreography.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes All, my mistake - must keep politics (and anything that smacks of a personal opinion) out of my comments. Cheers ;-)

Now back to trumpet practice on my Brazilian, British, and US, made horns - I have taken a very personal approach here and arranged their country of original in alphabetical order. I like alphabetical order because according to the newspapers, that's how we are born, marry, and die. :roll:

10. connmaster

connmaster New Friend

Mar 14, 2010
    Very impressive!:thumbsup: