Jazz Improv Lessons Cleveland Area

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NYTCCA515, Jun 14, 2012.

1. NYTCCA515

NYTCCA515 New Friend

Jan 6, 2011
    Ohio
    Hey TM,

I was wondering if anyone knows of some great jazz trumpet players that offer lessons in the Cleveland, Oh area. I'm willing to travel decent distances(within 1.5 hours, one way) and I'm looking not only for Improv type lessons but some lead player types to help me in that regard. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I live in Kent, and graduated with my music degree from KSU. Again, any help would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Ask Gary (gmonady). He's in the Ohio area.

Also, your jazz teacher doesn't have to be a trumpet player (unless that's what you want, of course). My jazz improv teacher back in college was a sax player.

Mike

3. NYTCCA515

NYTCCA515 New Friend

Jan 6, 2011
    Ohio
    Mike,

Thanks for the reply! I kind of want a trumpet teacher because I am having some consistency issues and wanted someone to help me analyze what I may be doing wrong!

Thanks,
    Cameron

4. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Ric Wolkins in Toledo

5. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Or, Gary Onady in Ohio!

6. Ironman

Ironman New Friend

Dec 8, 2009
    Bumpin' this thread because I'm looking for someone local (Cleveland, OH) to help me build a jazz foundation. I see a lot of great names online (Goode, Enos, etc). I'd like to get some private instruction from either if they happen along.