Jerry Bowers and the Bandroom

Discussion in 'Horns' started by bandman, Mar 19, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    One of my students did an incredible job of almost totally destroying his 6-month-old Yamaha YTR-2335. The horn was damaged on both sides and also 2 valves. Damage was about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Why/how the damage occurred is not important, and that issue has been taken care of here in Louisiana. The issue for me as band director then became getting the best possible repairs done to the instrument so the young man could get back on his horn ASAP.

The instrument was returned this week (after just 3-weeks) and the repairs are almost miraculous. There was a small amount of scaring that would have been almost impossible to remove, but other than that the horn returned looking pretty much brand new. The valves that were severely damaged work like new, and the horn plays as well as any other YTR-2335 I have ever played.

I wish I had taken before and after pictures so you could see the wonderful repairs that were done to this horn. I just felt that I had to publicly thank Jerry for the great repair, and let other members of this forum know about a first class repairman.

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I've always said, when you find a good repair person... treat them very, very nicely. They like cookies to go with their morning coffee. And when all those rentals come back each spring? Their summers are filled with horrendous hours to get things up and runnin' again. Seriously, a good techie is a wonderful find; they keep more horns in circulation than you could imagine (and it's not unusual at all to get a horn back from repair playing better than when it was new!)

3. monel12

monel12 New Friend

Apr 29, 2005
    MidWest
    I suggest you all be vey cautious about dealing with Jerry Bowers and the Bandroom......I ordered a couple of items
    from him on Feb 17th,and have never received any emails from him after he sent me an original invoice from him.....
    I have tried two times with emails with no response...be careful.

4. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
  5. Emi02Jill

Emi02Jill New Friend

Apr 15, 2014
    I ever meet such problem before, after the high recommendation of one of my good friends, I got a cellphone amplifier, everything is OK now. You can have a try!